Our Library and reading room is open:
Monday – Friday 09.30 – 16.00, Wednesday 10.30 – 16.30.
An appointment is advisable.
Gerallt Nash Welsh Mills Collection
- Collection of material relating to mills in Wales, including correspondence, newspaper cuttings, reports, drawings and photos, collated or produced by Gerallt D. Nash in the course of his research and his involvement with the Welsh Mills Society: C602666
Cwmystwyth Mines Complex Collection
- Collection of records comprising original and copied drawings and maps compiled during research and survey relating to the Cwmystwyth Mines complex: C603398
D.B. Hague Collection
- Set of mainly site-specific records relating to buildings/structures outside Wales, collated or produced by Douglas Hague: C602560
- Set of black and white photographs labelled Deerness Orkney, 1962, taken by Douglas Hague: C602561
Peter Smith Collection
- Unsorted notes, drawings photos and correspondence relating to the publication of a series of essays on Ty Mawr, published in The Montgomeryshire Collections, journal of the Powysland Club, volume 89, 2001: C602562
- Bound volume entitled "The Development of Miltary and Civil Architecture and Town Planning in North-west Wales". Finals thesis presented to R.I.B.A. by Peter Smith. Undated: C602563
- Miscellaneous notes and correspondence produced or collated by Peter Smith: C602631
Peter Smith Slide Collection
- Colour slides of buildings in Carmarthenshire. Held in alphabetical order of site name with unidentified sites at the back: C602557
- Colour slides of buildings in Breconshire: C602788
- Colour slides showing churches in Wales: C602799
- Colour slides of Welsh landscapes: C602800
RCAHMW Field Notes
- Investigators' field survey logs produced by Deanna Groom prior to and during field trips to a number of maritime sites in 2013: C602575
Cotswold Archaeology Projects Archive
- Project archive relating to an Archaeological Watching brief for Former Gas Works, Mount Street, Bala. Produced in 2015 by Cotswold Archaeology: Project No: 3640, Report No: 12043. The collection comprises digital and hard copy reports: C602969
William Grimes Collection
- Various artefacts from a number of projects and excavations, including Burry Holms: C603339
RCAHMW Digital Survey, Borth Submerged Forest : C561232
|Digital image relating to Level 1 Survey, Borth Submerged Forest: Area C, DSC_BSF06|
- ArcGIS 10 shapefiles relating to a survey of Borth Submerged Forest, produced by RCAHMW 2010-2012
- Google Earth Screen Grabs of routes walked, relating to a survey of Borth Submerged Forest, carried out by RCAHMW 2010-2012
- Access database relating to a survey of Borth Submerged Forest, carried out by RCAHMW 2010-2012
Jeremy Lowe Collection
- Photocopy of fifteen field notebooks on workers housing produced by Jeremy Lowe, dated between 1970 and 1993. Access to these notebooks may be controlled until his work is published: C603399
- Notes, drafts and correspondence relating to a proposed joint project on workers housing produced and\or collated by RCAHMW and Mr Lowe: C603400
Investigators' Digital Photography
Digital photographic surveys of the following sites taken c2009-2015
|View of west façade, Dan-y-bwlch, DS2015_021_012, taken March 2015|
- Dan-y-bwlch, Crucorney: C602370
- Sully Island Promontory Fort, taken by Deanna Groom, June 2010: C602372, C602377
- Llandudno Pier taken by Deanna Groom, August 2010: C602426
- East Tower, Nash Lighthouse, taken by Nicola Roberts Sept 2009: C602378
- Foghorn Signal Building at Nash Lighthouse, taken by Nicola Roberts Sept 2009: C602387
- West Tower at Nash Lighthouse, taken by Nicola Roberts Sept 2009: C602391
- Ynyshir Hall, taken by Deanna Groom, March 2010: C602397
- Great Orme Copper Mine taken by Deanna Groom, August 2009: C602401
- Rhyl Flats Windfarm taken by Deanna Groom, August 2009: C602438
- Greenala Point Fort taken by Deanna Groom, Oct 2009: C602446
- Cilcain Church: C602654
- Interior photos of Bethania Baptist Chapel, Maesteg: C603162
Sites in Cardiff
- Gorsedd Gardens, Cardiff: C602667
- Friary Gardens: C602669
- City Hall: C602671
- Law Courts: C602673
- Cardiff University Registry: C602675
- UCW Cardiff: C602683
- Great Court and Drapers Library: C602687
- County Hall: C602699
- National Museum: C602703
- Bute Building, UCW Cardiff: C602705
- Glamorgan County Hall Extension: C602729
- Queen Anne’s Square screen: C602741
- Former Welsh Office: C602772
- Temple of Peace and Health: C602775
- UCW Cardiff Law Building: C602786
- Sir Martin Evans Building: C602789
- Life & Science Building: C602791
- UCW Cardiff Tower Building: C602793
- Police Station, Cathays: C602795
- Welsh government offices: C602797
- UCW Redwood Building: C602782
- Aberdare Hall, UCW Cardiff: C603551
Statues and memorials in Cardiff
- Statue of David Lloyd George, Gorsedd Gardens: C602784
- Statue of Col Lord Ninian Crichton Stuart, Gorsedd Gardens: C602709
- Statue of Marquis of Bute, Friary Gardens: C602719
- Mining and Navigation sculpture, County Hall: C602701
- Statue of John Cory, Gorsedd Gardens: C602680
- Boer War Memorial: C602689
- Statue of Viscount Tredegar: C602693
- Statue of Judge Gwilym Williams: C602695
- Statue of Henry Austin, Alexandra Gardens: C602697
- Cardiff City Falklands Conflict Memorial: C602801
- Welsh National Falklands Conflict Memorial: C602804
Castell Tan y Castell Collection
- Black and white slides taken or produced during excavation in 1956-57: C602632
NMR Site Files
Photo surveys of sites taken 1970s to 1990s:
- St Bridgets Church, St Brides Wentlooge: C602534
- Malthouse and associated residence at Bryn Street, Newtown: C603588
- Tro'r Derlwyn deserted rural settlement, taken by D.J. Percival, 1986: C603592
- Old Turnpike Road between Llangadog and Brynaman, taken by D.J. Percival, 1987: C603594
- Carn Fadog, taken by D.J. Percival, 1987: C603599
- Nant y Llyn Maenhir, taken by D.J. Percival, 1987: C603601
- Abdon Clee houses, taken by D.J. Percival, 1990: C603605
- Lower Clydach aqueduct on the Swansea Canal: C602707, C602735
- Clydach Pumphouse on the Swansea Canal: C602747
- Clydach Bridge, Lock No. 6, on the Swansea Canal: C602752, C602757
- Fountain Hall on the Swansea Canal: C602771
- Godre'r Graig Dry Dock on the Swansea Canal: C602768
- Giedd Feeder Weir on the Swansea Canal: C602806
- The Castle Hotel, Cae'r Llan on the Swansea Canal: C602813
- Limekiln at Cae'r Lan Canal Wharf on the Swansea Canal: C602816
- Canal boat at Abercraf on the Swansea Canal: C602824
- Lengthman's Punt at Trebanos on the Swansea Canal: C602836
- Ynyscedwyn Ironworks Colliery Branch on the Swansea Canal: C602847
- Godre'r Graig Dry Dock on the Swansea Canal: C602866
- Hafod Limekiln, Landore.: C602870
- Hafod Copperworks Tramway Viaduct: C602891
Photo surveys of the following sites taken in the 1930s to 1960s:
- High Street, Conwy: C602967
- St Gwyddelan's Church: C603012
- Gwyndy: C603014
- Cwm Fynhadog Isaf: C603019
- Moel Goch Bridge: C603026
- Bwlch Ehediad: C603028
- Pont Sarn yr Offeriad: C603032
- Pont Sarn Ddu: C603034
- Bwlch Cynnud: C603036
- Bwlch Bach: C603039
- Round Huts near Clogwyn Mawr: C603041
- Capel Horeb: C603047
- Pendyffryn stables: C603052
- Braich y Dinas: C603053
- Plas Coch: C603067
- Cwm Fynhadog Uchaf: C603074
- Tai, Dolwyddelan: C603081
- St Mary's Church, Rhossili: C603136
- 11 Castle Street: C603129
- The Old Cockpit, Conwy: C603131
|The Old Cockpit, Conwy, 1939: C603131, DS2015_021_012|
- 28 Castle Street, Conwy: C603134
- Bishopston Church: C603138
- Llanddewi Church: C603144
- Ogmore Castle: C603146
- St Donat's Castle: C603149
- Chantry House: C603151
- St John's Hospice: C603154
- Church House, Llantwit Major: C603159
- Candleston Castle: C603349
- Maen Ceti: C603354
- Samson’s Jacks standing stone: C603360
- Conwy Suspension Bridge: C603376
1929 photo surveys of the following sites taken by B. C. Clayton:
- Manorbier Castle: C603389
- Carew Church: C603386
- St Davids Cathedral: C603392
- Conwy Castle: C603401
- Skenfrith Castle: C603406
- Skenfrith: C603408
- Raglan Castle: C603410
- St Mary's College, St Davids: C603416
- Caernarfon Castle: C603544
- White Castle: C603555
- Margam Abbey Church: C603559
- Neath Abbey Church: C603571
- Llangan Churchyard Cross: C603573
- Llanwnog Church: C603575
- Ogam Stone, Nevern: C603580
- Pembroke Castle: C603582
- Nevern Cross: C603584
- Old Radnor Church: C603586
- Pontypool Park Gates: C603612
- Bettws Newydd Church: C603615
- Mitchel Troy Church: C603618
- Bethel Calvinistic Methodist Chapel, High Street, Pen-y-Groes: Photo survey comprising 1 B&W print taken by S. R. Hughes, January 2000: C602664
- Merthyr Mawr Sawmill: Photo survey comprising 22 B&W prints taken by B.A. Malaws, August 1999: C603229
A.J. Parkinson Slide Collection
- Sheet of slides showing architectural details of No7 Town Hill, Wrexham: C602812
- Sheet of slides showing various buildings, most of which are identified: C602817
- Two mounted black and white photographs showing Cors y Gedol Chamber, donated by Cadw: C603340
General Digital Donations Collection
- Batch of digital colour aerial photographs showing various sites in Wales taken by Paul R Davis using a quadcopter: C603049
- Report entitled: 'Discovery of a new Four Poster in North east Wales. Site no.70 from 'Digs, Discoveries and Megaliths' produced by the discoverer, John Denton Blore in 2014. Comprises electronic report and two photographs: C603353
History of the Royal Commission
- Ordnance Survey Archaeology Branch: desk instructions for the archival recording of antiquities and their publication on maps: C602661
Christopher J. Williams Mines Photographs
- 96 catalogue entries of digital copies of 35mm slides of various lead mines and related artefacts in Wales, taken by Christopher J. Williams, during mine exploration and research 1970-2000.
Abel Heywood and Son, 1906, A guide to Penmaenmawr, Llanfairfechan, Conway and Aber, Abel Heywood and Son, Manchester.
BBC,1959, The Story of Wales, BBC Broadcasts to Schools 1959 – 60, BBC, London.
Barry official street plan, Forward Publicity Ltd., Surrey.
Bettws-y-Coed: The beauty spot of Wales, Criterion Press, London.
Blair,C. H. Hunter and Honeyman,H. L., 1954, Warkworth Castle, Northumberland, HMSO, London.
Brailsford, J. W., 1971, Guide to the antiquities of Roman Britain, The Trustees of the British Museum, London.
Brecon a district map including small street plan of the town, Eric Thomas and Harpur, Brecon.
Brecon Cathedral, 1985, The Cathedral Church of St. John the Evangelist, Brecon, Brecon Cathedral, Brecon.
Brewer, Richard J., 2000, Caerleon and the Roman army: Roman legionary museum: a guide, National Museums & Galleries of Wales, Cardiff.
Bright, M. J. and Ward, K. E.,1958, Wardour Castles / photographs by Kenneth E. Ward, Oriole Publishing, Poole.
Brin, A.,McManamon, F. P., Niven, K. (Editors), 2013, Caring for digital data in archaeology: a guide to good practice, Oakville : Oxbow Books, Oxford.
Bryan Davies and Associates, 1974, Map of Abergele, United Advertising Company, London.
Burrell, Robert and Coleman, Allison, 2005, Copyright exceptions: the digital impact, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
Buxbaum, Tim, 2014, Icehouses, Shire Publications, Oxford.
Clarke, Stephen, 2013, The lost lake: evidence of prehistoric boat building, Clarke Publishing, Monmouth.
Clammer, Richard, 2014, Passenger steamers of the river Conwy: serving the famous Trefriw Spa, The History Press, Stroud.
Clwyd-Powys Archaeological Trust, 1984, Roman Prestatyn: a child's guide to the Roman baths, Clwyd-Powys Archaeological Trust, Welshpool.
Clwyd-Powys Archaeological Trust, 1984, Roman Prestatyn: rescue excavations on the Roman site at Melyd Avenue Summer 1984, Clwyd-Powys Archaeological Trust, Welshpool.
Cole, Sonia Mary, 1970, The Neolithic revolution, British Museum (Natural History), London.
Coward, Roger, 2014, Abbey Cwmhir: history, homes and people, Abbeycwmhir Community Council, Abbeycwmhir.
Cunliffe, Barry W., 1969, Roman bath, Society of Antiquaries, London.
Dale, Peter, 2014, Glamorgan's lost railways, Stenlake Publishing Ltd., Catrine.
Daniel, Glyn e., 1955, Who are the Welsh?
Davies, Samuel, Yr eurgrawn wesleyaidd am y flwyddyn 1864; Volume XXVII, Robert Jones, Bangor.
Davies, Sean, 2014, War and society in medieval Wales 633-1283: Welsh military institutions, University of Wales Press, Cardiff.
Davies, William, Yr eurgrawn wesleyaidd am y flwyddyn 1867; Volume XXXI, William Davies, Bangor.
Derbyshire Archaeological Society, 1977, Middleton Top Engine, G. C. Brittain and Sons Ltd.,Ripley.
Dobraszczyk, Paul, 2014, Iron, ornament and architecture in Victorian Britain: myth and modernity, excess and enchantment, Ashgate Publishing Company, Burlington, VT.
Y Drysorfa: Cylchgrawn misol y Methodistiaid Calfinaidd; 1866 – 67, P. M. Evans, Treffynnon.
Y Drysorfa: Cylchgrawn misol y Methodistiaid Calfinaidd; 1867 – 68, P. M. Evans, Treffynnon.
Y Drysorfa: Cylchgrawn misol y Methodistiaid Calfinaidd; 1869 – 70, P. M. Evans, Treffynnon.
Y Drysorfa: Cylchgrawn misol y Methodistiaid Calfinaidd; 1870 – 71, P. M. Evans, Treffynnon.
Y Drysorfa: Cylchgrawn misol y Methodistiaid Calfinaidd; 1874 – 75, P. M. Evans, Treffynnon.
Y Drysorfa: Cylchgrawn misol y Methodistiaid Calfinaidd; 1880 – 81, P. M. Evans, Treffynnon.
Duckett, R., Walker, P., Donnelly, C., 2008, Know it all, find it fast : an A-Z source guide for the enquiry desk, Facet, London.
Dyfed Archaeological Trust, 2014, The Black Mountain lime industry, Dyfed Archaeological Trust, Llandeilo.
Elliott-Binns, Leonard Elliott, 1948, The beginnings of western Christendom, Lutterworth Press, London.
Edwards, Huw, 2014, City Mission: The story of London's Welsh chapels, Y Lolfa, Talybont.
Fenton, A., 1979, A farming township: Auchindrain, Argyll, Countryside Commission for Scotland, Perth.
Fernie, Kate and Gilman, Paul, 2000, Informing the future of the past: guidelines for SMRs, English Heritage, Swindon.
Finney, Jon Bryant, 2006, Middle Iron Age warfare of the hillfort dominated zone c.400 BC to c.150 BC, Archaeopress, Oxford.
Floud, Peter, 1954, Castell Coch, Glamorgan, H.M.S.O., London.
Gosling, Sarah, 1978, A changing landscape: Banbury and the Cherwell Valley, Oxfordshire County Council, Oxford.
Griffiths, Ralph Alan, 2001, After Glyn Dŵr: an age of reconciliation?, British Academy, London.
Grinsell, Leslie V., 1979, Barrows in England and Wales, Shire Publications, Aylesbury.
Hannavy, John, 2015, The Victorian photographs of Dr Thomas Keith and John Forbes White, John Hannavy Publishing, Wiltshire.
Harlech, 1948, Illustrated regional guides to ancient monuments in the ownership of the Ministry of Works: Volume V: North Wales, H.M.S.O., London.
Harris, Marise, 1993 and 1994, Old town Aberystwyth, Marise Harris, Aberystwyth.
HMSO, 1965, Boscobel House and White Ladies Priory, Shropshire, HMSO, London.
HMSO, 1980, Ancient Monuments and Historic Buildings; Government publications sectional list: 27, The Campfield Press, St. Albans.
HMSO, 1980, Beaumaris Castle / Castell Biwmares, Gwynedd, HMSO, Cardiff.
HMSO, 1981, Ancient Monuments and Historic Buildings; Government publications sectional list: 27, The Campfield Press, St. Albans.
Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust, 1973, Blists Hill Open Air Museum: a guide to the site and exhibits, Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust, Telford.
Johns, Catherine, 1971, Arretine and Samian pottery, The Trustees of the British Museum, London.
Kay, Stephen, 2014, Homes for Welsh workers from Robert Owen to "the garden city movement". With a gazetteer of planned communities in Wales 1800 to 1939, 325 Press, Abergavenny.
Kenyon, John R., 2014, A fresh approach: essays presented to Colin Platt in celebration of his eightieth birthday 11 November 2014, Trouser Press, Surrey.
Kirk, G. S., 1974, The nature of Greek myths, Pelican, Harmondsworth.
Kroeber, A.L., 1963, Anthropology: culture, patterns and processes, Harcourt Brace and World, New York.
Llandeilo Church, 2006, The Llandeilo Gospels, National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth.
Llandudno and district a street map, Property Publications Ltd., Surrey
Llandudno including public buildings and places of interest, The Automobile Association, Basingstoke.
Llanelli Community Heritage Committee, (n.d.), Llanelli Community Heritage Trail: Felinfoel Heritage Guide, Llanelli Community Heritage Committee, Llanelli.
Llawlyfr Undeb Gogledd Ceredigion, 1955; Braslun hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Gogledd Ceredigion, Undeb yr Annibynwyr Cymraeg
London Transport, 1969, London's industrial archaeology, London Transport, London.
Lowry, Bernard, 2014, Pillboxes and tank traps, Shire Library, Oxford.
Machynlleth Urban and Rural District Councils, 1966, Machynlleth and District. The official guide, Home Publishing Co. Ltd., Carshalton.
Manco, Jean, 1988, Bath history: volume II, Bath.
Marks, Kenneth, 2014, The archaeology of Anglo-jewry in England and Wales, 1656-1850, Archaeopress, Oxford.
Monmouthshire and adjoining areas: a district map, Town & Country Publications, Surrey.
Monmouthshire Building Society, 1972, A street map of Barry Glamorgan, Country Publications, Barry.
Mullin, David, 2012, A landscape of borders: the prehistory of the Anglo-Welsh borderland, Archaeopress, Oxford.
Musty, John, 1977, The Ancient Monuments Laboratory, HMSO, London.
NCB Public Relations,1976, Britain's Mining Museum, Lound Hall Retford Nottinghamshire, NCB, London.
National Museum of Wales, Welsh Folk Museum, 1967, Farmhouses and cottages in Wales: a picture book, National Museum of Wales, Cardiff.
National Museum of Wales, 1957, Illustrated guide, National Museum of Wales, Cardiff.
Neaverson, Ernest, 1947, Mediaeval castles in North Wales: a study of sites, water supply and building stones, University Press of Liverpool, Liverpool.
Notiziario 1988-89 soprintendza archeologica della lombardia, Cariplo, Milan.
Oakley, Kenneth P., 1967, Man the tool-maker, London British Museum, London.
Oldham, Peter, 2014, Armageddon's walls: British pill boxes 1914-1918, Pen & Sword, Barnsley.
Owen, Dafydd, 1992, Gwylio gorymdait : dathliad dau gant a hanner Capel Lôn Swan, Dinbych: 1742-1992, Eglwys Lôn Swan, Dinbych.
Palmer, Ken, 2013, The Grosmont map: The landscape and vernacular buildings of an Elizabethan map of 1588, Logaston Press, Little Logaston.
Pearson, Lynn, 2014, Built to brew: the history and heritage of the brewery, English Heritage, Swindon.
Peate, Iorwerth Cyfeiliog, 1962, Hendre'r-ywydd Uchaf, Llangynhafal, Denbighshire: a late 15th-century house, Amgueddfa Werin Cymru, Cardiff.
Pembrokeshire County Council, 1960, Official guide to Pembrokeshire and the National Park, H. G. Walters, Narberth.
Pembrokeshire County Council, 1962, Official guide to Pembrokeshire and the National Park, H. G. Walters, Narberth.
Penmaenmawr Publicity Association, Penmaenmawr Official Guide, Penmaenmawr Publicity Association, Llandudno.
Prix Varsi International, 1991, 303 Arts, recerches et creations, Prix Varsi International, Loire.
Rabbitts, Paul, 2014, Bandstands of Britain, The History Press, Stroud.
Rackham, Oliver, 1999, The history of the countryside: the classic history of Britain's landscape, flora and fauna, Phoenix Giant, London.
Radford, Courtenay Arthur Ralegh, 1976, Ewenny priory, Glamorgan, H.M.S.O., London.
Rendall, P. D., 2014, The South Wales direct line: history and working, The Crowood Press, Ramsbury.
Renfrew, Colin, 1982, Towards an archaeology of mind: an inaugural lecture delivered before the University of Cambridge on 30 November 1982, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
Rhodes, Peter Stephenson, 1962, A guide to Ballycopeland Windmill, HMSO, Belfast.
Richardson, J. S. and Wood, Marguerite, 1953, The Castle of Edinburgh, H.M.S.O., Edinburgh.
Roberts, T. J., 1937, Ruthin: the official guide, J. Burrow & Co. Ltd., Cheltenham.
Shepherd Wheel, The Council for the conservation of Sheffield antiquities, Sheffield
Simmonds, Robin G., 2012, A history of the Port Talbot Railway & Docks Company and the South Wales Mineral Railway Company. Volume 1: 1853-1907, Lightmoor Press, Lydney.
Simmonds, Robin G., 2013, A history of the Port Talbot Railway & Docks Company and the South Wales Mineral Railway Company. Volume 2: 1894-1971, Lightmoor Press, Lydney.
Smith, Peter, 1990, The R.C.A.H.M Wales in my Time 1949 – 89, Transactions of the Ancient Monuments Society, London.
Spurgeon, C. J., 1973, The Castle and Borough of Aberystwyth, Aberystwyth Borough, Aberystwyth.
Spurgeon, C. J.,1975, The Castle and Borough of Aberystwyth, Aberystwyth Borough, Aberystwyth.
Steele, Philip, 2012, Llyn Cerrig Bach: treasure from the iron age, Oriel Ynys Môn, Ynys Môn.
Steer, Francis W., 1971, The Fitzalan Chapel, Arundel: a guide and a short history, Moore and Tyler, Chichester.
Stell, G. P. and Hay, G. D.,1984, Bonawe Iron Furnace, HMSO, Edinburgh.
Stratton, Michael, 1988, Industrial monuments in England: the iron and lead industries, The Ironbridge Institute, Shropshire.
Street and district maps of Abergavenny, Town & Country Publications, Sussex.
Street and district maps of Llandrindod Wells, Builth Wells, Rhayader, Town & Country Publications, Sussex.
Street maps of Bangor, Holyhead Menai Bridge & Amlwch, Town and Country Publications, Sussex.
Street map of Bridgend and district, Town & Country Publications, Sussex.
Street map of Colwyn Bay, Denbs., Town & Country Publications, Sussex
Street map of Llandudno, Norman Martell Ltd., Ramsgate.
Street map of Llandudno and district, Town & Country Publications, Sussex.
Y Swyddfa Gymreig Welsh Office, Kidwelly Castle, Dyfed, Headley Brothers Ltd, London.
Taylor, A. J., 1976, Basingwerk Abbey / Abaty dinas Basing Clwyd, Department of the Environment, Edinburgh.
Taylor, Christopher, Looking at cows - field archaeology in the 1980's: The second Beatrice de Cardi lecture 1977, Council for British Archaeology, London.
The new album of Rhyl views, (nd.
Thomas, Catherine E. (Ed), 1979, Celf a Chrefft: Exhibition, Art and Crafts Pavilion. National Eisteddfod Caernarfon and District, Cambrian News, Aberystwyth.
Thomas, Julian, 2013, The birth of Neolithic Britain: an interpretive account, Oxford University Press, Oxford.
Thomas, Richard J., 1968, Bedd Taliesin (Taliesin’s grave), Amgueddfa Tre'rddôl, Tre'rddôl.
Thornes, Robin, 1990, Tyne and Wear vol. I, Tyneside, Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England, London.
Titchmarsh, Peter and Helen, 1986, The Pembrokeshire coast by car, Jarrold, Norwich.
Titchmarsh, Peter and Helen, 1988, Wye Valley by car, Jarrold and Sons, Norwich.
Titchmarsh, Peter and Helen, 1993, Brecon Beacons by car, Jarrold, Norwich.
Thompson, W.J. (General Editor), 1989, A guide to the industrial heritage of West Yorkshire, Twelveheads, Redruth.
Tymms, Samuel, 1848, An architectural and historical account of Saint Mary's Church, St Bury St. Edmund’s, Part I, Jackson and Frost, Bury St. Edmund's.
Tymms, Samuel, 1848, An architectural and historical account of Saint Mary's Church, St Bury St. Edmund’s, Part II, Jackson and Frost, Bury St. Edmund's.
Tymms, Samuel, 1848, An architectural and historical account of Saint Mary's Church, St Bury St. Edmund’s, Part III, Jackson and Frost, Bury St. Edmund's.
U. S. Department of the Interior, 2000, Historic American engineering record; Volume 23, No. 4, US. Department of the Interior, Washington, DC.
Wales Tourist Board, 1983, Wales architectural heritage, Wales Tourist Board, Cardiff.
White, Richard, 1988, Gerald's Wales: a twelfth century journey, Cadw: Welsh Historic Monuments, Cardiff.
Wild, J., 1969, A short guide to the Cathedral Church of Durham.
Wiliam, Eurwyn, 2003, Rhyd-y-car: a Welsh mining community : the life, death and re-creation of a Welsh mining community, 1800-1980, National Museums & Galleries of Wales, Cardiff.
Wyeth, Lynn, 2011, A practical guide to handling freedom of information requests, Ark Group in association with Inside Knowledge, London.
York Archaeological Trust / Ordnance Survey, 1988, Roman and Anglian York (Map), Ordnance Survey, Southampton.
Anglesey Antiquarian Society & Field Club Transactions (2013)
Antiquity vol. 89 no. 343 (February 2015)
Archaeology Ireland no. 110 (Winter 2014) [donation]
Archive: The Quarterly Journal for British Industrial and Transport History no. 85 (March 2015)
Brycheiniog vol. 46 (2015)
BSI Update Standards (March 2015)
C20: The Magazine of the Twentieth Century Society issue 1/2015
Cardiganshire Family History Society Journal 1996-2013 (some gaps) [donation]
Cartographic Journal vol. 52 no. 1 (February 2015)
Ceredigion vol. 18 no. 2 (2014)
CPRW Newsletter no. 11 (Summer 1971)
Current Archaeology no. 301 (April 2015)
Cymmrodorion Transactions vol. 20 (2014)
Dyfed Archaeological Trust Newsletter (Summer 2014 and Autumn 2014)
Dyfed Family History Journal 1984-2013 (some gaps) [donation]
Focus: Historic Scotland’s Annual Magazine (2015)
Gower Society Newsletter (Spring 2015)
Heritage Bill e-Bulletin no. 9 (February 2015) [electronic version only]
Historical Association Annual Report nos. 60 & 63 (1965/66 & 1968-69)
Journal of Ecclesiastical History vol. 39 no. 1 to vol. 49 no. 4 (1988-1998) [donation]
NAMHO Newsletter (March 2015) [electronic version only]
Pembrokeshire Life (March 2015)
Post-Medieval Archaeology vols. 39 and 42-48 (2005 and 2008-2014) [donation]
Railway and Canal Historical Society Bulletin no. 454 (March-April 2015)
Railway and Canal Historical Society Journal no. 222 (March 2015)
Twentieth Century Society News and Events (January 2015) [electronic version only]
The Victorian no. 48 (March 2015)
Welsh Mills Society Newsletter no. 119 (April 2015)
Welsh Railways Research Circle Newsletter no. 142 (March 2015)
Yr Ardd (National Botanic Garden of Wales Magazine) no. 22 (Autumn 2014)
Also: An index of articles on houses in Country Life from 2 June 1950 to 2 August 1962. Typescript. To be kept with pamphlets in the library, ref. H5.COU(P)
Journals Current Awareness
Ceredigion vol. 18 no. 2, p. 1: ‘The Strange Case of a Mysterious Lead Anomaly: Castell Grogwynion Hillfort, Ceredigion: Iron Age smelting, eighteenth century pottery or post medieval prospection?’ by Simon Timberlake, Keith Haylock, Toby Driver, Louise Barker, Phil Andrews, Brenda Craddock, Anthony Gilmour and Lorraine Mepham
Current Archaeology no. 301, p. 11: ‘New heads for English Heritage’ [on the appointment of new CEOs for the new bodies arising from EH’s impending reorganization]; p. 12: ‘The English Railway Station’ by Chris Catling
Focus: Historic Scotland’s Annual Magazine, p. 5 ‘Historic Scotland and RCAHMS join forces in new heritage organisation’
If you have any comments or enquiries, please feel free to contact us:
NMRW Library and Enquiries Service
Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales
Telephone: +44 (0)1970 621200
Fax: +44 (0)1970 627701