|Black and white vertical aerial photograph taken by the RAF on 25/09/1945 centred on SS96627105 at a scale of 1:10000. |
The photograph includes part of Llandow community in The Vale of Glamorgan.
DI2008_1292 NPRN: 300513
The Royal Commission holds an extensive archive of black and white, high-quality vertical aerial photographs of Wales, flown by the RAF and the Ordnance Survey.
- The RAF collection comprises 170,000 6"x6" (15x15cm) prints taken between 1945 and 1965.
- The Royal Commission holds RAF low-level oblique cover of the costal belt of Wales and a few urban settlements, taken in the latter part of the 1950s.
- Ordnance Survey collection comprises 84,000 9"x9" (23x23cm) prints and negatives also a limited number of 20"x20" (51x51cm) enlargements, dating from 1962 to 2005.
- Our smaller collections include prints of some areas of rural Wales, taken by the Ministry of Agriculture, and project studies by a few private contractors.
- There is also a small collection of black and white. low-level oblique photographs of archaeological sites in Wales, taken by officers of Cambridge University during the 1950s and 1960s.
- Aerofilms Collection of over 1 million photographs dates from 1919 to 2006 and presents an unparalleled picture of the changing face of Britain in the twentieth century.
|Black and white vertical aerial photograph taken by the RAF on 1946 centred on Aberaeron at a scale of 1:10000.|
DI2005_0854 NPRN: 33034
Coflein is the NMRW's public online database, searchable geographically through Ordnance Survey maps or by text queries.
>> Subscribe to the Heritage of Wales News and sign up for the full feed RSS, just click this RRS button and Subscribe!